Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Overnight Accommodations

UPDATE:  2/26/11

Lone Fir Resort is booked solid.
Monfort B&B in Cougar, WA (nearby) had some availability.

I booked @ the Motel 6 in Woodland, WA
http://bartpascoal.blogspot.com/2011/02/booked-motel-6.html

---------------

I'm trying to figure out what to do about overnight accommodations.

The best option looks like http://www.lonefirresort.com/
They have tent sites, RV sites, and motel rooms available with a lot of amenities.

I like that because any family can pick and choose how they want to stay over and on what kind of budget.  Tent/RV sites are $30 and motel rooms start at $65

If you can't afford to pay any money for a site or a room then you can camp for free at the Climber's Bivouac.  A permit to camp at the Bivouac is included in the price of our hiking permits.  The problem with the Bivouac is that there are absolutely no amenities.  No Water, No picnic Tables, Nothing.

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See my post under Invitees

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Mom, You say lone fir is all booked? Wow! because they were wide open when I posted this a couple weeks ago. I was waiting until I had some money to book. I should have some money by the end of the week and I'll book something then. Let me know what you find out about availability.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I can't find my post about camping reservations that I posted a couple of days ago. We have res at a B&B due to a lack of RV places at the Mt St Helen's area. Apparently there is a Riverdance event in the area that has things pretty booked up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Karen,

    Which B&B? I'm going to setup my own reservation this Friday after I get paid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Monf___ something or other in Cougar but they told me it was their last room. I did it by phone so I do not have a printed itnery. Cougar RV said to call Sherry on 3/1 at 360-238-5224 because she might have saved some openings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We couldn't get a place close enough so we booked at the Motel 6 in Woodland. Probably a 40 minute drive to the mountain from there. But it's in town so lot's of other activities available.

    It does have a pool.

    It was $55 per night for a room with 2 Queen beds.

    Motel 6 Woodland, Wa #4622
    1500 Atlantic Avenue
    I-5 Exit 21
    Woodland, WA, 98674
    Phone: (360) 225-6548
    FAX: (360) 225-6540

    ReplyDelete